I’m a bit late picking this up, but a few days ago Procter & Gamble Company announced the latest product in the Gillette shaving range, yes they have done it again and designed a razor that is better, smoother and more comfortable then all their previous razors that were better, smoother and more comfortable then all their previous razors.
As is the way now for Gillette this will come in the standard and “powered” varieties.
So there you have it, the best a man can get just got better! This new razor is launching in the US in June 2010 and around the world at some point after that, yet to be announced. But as soon as I can get hold of one I’ll bring you a full review and my own opinion of it.
One thing that I think we can be sure of … it is going to be expensive, the current Fusion Power blades cost upto £2.51 a head!!
For the corporate view here are some bits from the press release.
Building on the breakthrough technology in Gillette Fusion, Gillette Fusion ProGlide incorporates a series of unique technologies that address critical areas for a better shave and deliver incredible comfort and performance:
- Re-engineered Low Cutting Force Blades with 15% thinner, finer edges and our advanced low-resistance coating enabling the blades to cut effortlessly through hair with less tug and pull.
- A Blade Stabilizer to maintain optimal blade spacing for comfort while allowing the blades to adjust to the contours of a man’s face.
- A streamlined Snowplow Comfort Guard which channels excess shave prep to help maintain optimal blade contact, stretching the skin for a close, comfortable shave.
- An Enhanced Lubrastrip™ , 25% larger than before, infused with mineral oil and lubricating polymers, enabling the razor to move smoothly over skin even on repeat strokes.
- An improved Precision Trimmer including an enhanced blade, a comb guard to better align long hairs, and new rinse-through slots.
- A Redesigned Handle with bigger, more ergonomic grips for better control, enhanced weight and balancing and improved transition between front and back shaving surfaces.
- An innovative Microcomb, exclusively on Gillette Fusion ProGlide Power, that helps guide hair to the blade.
Gillette’s deep understanding of men and shaving combined with P&G’s expertise in skin science has resulted in Gillette Fusion ProSeries, an advanced line of skin care products that drive incredible comfort before, during, and after the shave. This new skin care line features the first mass market men’s thermal facial scrub, as well as a skin care lotion and moisturizer to deliver comfort throughout the shaving process.
Gillette Fusion ProSeries Thermal Scrub warms, deep cleans and helps soften facial hair before shaving. In this innovative formula, heating technology is activated on contact with water to provide warming comfort. A mild soap-free system cleans skin by removing oils (sebum) and dirt while helping to soften the hair, making it easier to cut. Small particles then help exfoliate dead, dry skin cells – providing an even, clear path for the razor.
- Gillette Fusion ProSeries Sensitive Face Wash is designed for sensitive skin and uses a mild soap-free system with aloe vera to effectively clean without over-drying.
- Gillette Fusion ProSeries Intense Cooling Lotion instantly cools and hydrates just shaved skin for extra comfort. The lightweight formula helps reduce the feel of irritation by delivering instant cooling comfort while actively delivering moisture to skin.
- Gillette Fusion ProSeries Instant Hydration UV Moisturizer + SPF15 is a non-greasy formula with Vitamin E and SPF 15 UV Protection that immediately restores moisture and provides all-day hydration to help reduce dryness and tightness.